I started writing this along time ago and realised that I never published it. This is one of my favourite soups, I can’t decide whether it is the garlic, freshness of it or the fantastic colour of it but I love it. I always make either cheese scones or cheese biscuits to have with it as they go really well together.
Lots of things have happened since I last posted, my birthday has been and gone, I’ve been down to stay with my sister in my home town of Penrith which was fantastic. While I was there I visited Zefferelli’s in Ambleside for the first which was fantastic. It is a vegetarian restaurant that has a Mediterranean style to it, I’d never been before and will definitely go again when I am next visiting my sister. I have also been relearning how to sew, my aim is to make curtains for my house so I got a sewing machine for my birthday which I love. I learnt how to use one when as a teenager but need some practice so I am starting small with lining knitted purses I have made and then I am going to progress onto cushions.
Tomorrow is the Wimbledon final and I am having friends round so I am going to be baking all day to make afternoon tea for everyone so there will be some sweet recipes uploaded soon!
Pea and Roasted Garlic Soup
- 500g frozen peas
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 whole bulb of garlic
- 1 onion
- knob of butter (50g)
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Wrap the bulb of garlic in tin foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Cut the onion and fry it in the butter until soft.
- Add the frozen peas and stock and simmer until the peas are cooked, this doesn’t take long, roughly 5 minutes
- When the garlic is cooked take it out of the oven, cut the top off the bulb and squeeze the garlic into the pan.
- Blitz the soup up with a hand blender or freestanding blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy! H x