Continuing on from my theme of dips that I love, this salsa is also up there. I much prefer raw salsas to cooked, they are much fresher and have more flavour with only a few ingredients. It does start off very similar to my guacamole recipe (in fact it is nearly the same!).
This is great for dipping crisps in, to have with Mexican food ie fajitas, tacos, chili…
I make this quite regularly.
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Handful chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the onion and chilli in a bowl with the lime juice, leave for 10 minutes, this will soften the onion slightly.
- Add the tomatoes, coriander and mix, salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy! H x