My earliest memories of asparagus are from when I was very young and we lived in Lincolnshire. Asparagus then used to be a real treat so the only time we would have it would be if mum and dad won £10 on the lottery we would go to a local producer and spend it on asparagus. For this reason I still think of asparagus as being a wonderful treat and should be prepared with love. One of my favourite ways to have it is simply soft boil an egg, quickly blanch some asparagus and then dip the asparagus in the egg, instead of toast, delicious!
I love pizza, I could live off homemade pizza, at the moment I am definitely a savoury girl than a sweet girl! I recently discovered an organic pizza flour which is amazing. It is made by Gilchester Organics and made great pizza dough, it is a mixture of fine white flour and double milled semolina. I really enjoy enjoy experimenting with pizza toppings and this is a great seasonal version. My favourite still is a classic margarita though! We have pizza nights regularly in my family, there is nothing better than great company, great food and a glass of wine on a Friday or Saturday night.
Asparagus, Oregano and Mozzarella Pizza
Ingredients (makes one pizza)
- 100g organic pizza flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60ml water
- Asparagus spears
- Tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 ball mozzarella
- Handful fresh oregano
- 3 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 220C.
- Place the flour, olive oil, water and salt into a freestanding mixer and mix using a dough hook for 5-10 minutes. (Or this can be done by hand in by kneading it). Leave the dough to rest for 45 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested roll it out using until it is roughly 4mm thick. Spread on the chopped tomatoes on the bottom, place on the sun dried tomatoes, asparagus spears and oregano. Tear the mozzarella and place on top then add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook on a pizza stone or tray for 6-10 minutes, depending on your oven.
Enjoy! H x