Hermione’s Pantry has had a makeover! This has been very long overdue and I hope you like the new layout and look of my site. I really liked the look of my blog but thought that a change was due to make it easier to see my posts, search and engage with me. I love the new layout of my blog and hope you do too! Over the coming weeks I am going to be sharing some new content in order for my blog to have some new resources on it.
This is my first recipe on my new look site. It sounds weird… but trust me it works! I found inspiration for this from Leyla Kazim. As everyone knows I love halloumi and I have a lot of recipes that feature it. In this it is grated and marinated with mint, lemon and olive oil, then served with warm pasta and courgettes. After eating this I finally realised what was in the filling of a wonderful minted cheese filled dough I had in Northern Cyprus five years ago (can it really be five years?!). This makes a wonderful summer dish to enjoy eating outside in the sun. The courgettes again are homegrown organic courgettes from our polytunnel, I used a mix of yellow and green and then topped the dish with the courgette flowers.
Courgette, Halloumi and Mint Pasta
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 1 block of halloumi, grated
- 2 handfuls of mint, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g pasta
- 3 courgettes
- Place the grated halloumi in a bowl, add half of the mint, juice of 1/2 a lemon and a tbsp of olive oil. Mix well and leave to marinate.
- Place you pasta in a pan of boiling water and a little salt. Cook according to instructions. meanwhile, slice the courgettes and gently cook in a tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan (skillet) until soft. Add the zest of 1 lemon and mix through.
- To assemble, place some of the halloumi at the bottom of each bowl, add the pasta and courgettes, place the rest of the halloumi on top. Sprinkle the remaining mint on top then pour the juice of the remaining 1/2 a lemon onto each bowl.
Enjoy! H x