I really love autumn, cold weather and autumn vegetables! I think I could eat roasted autumn vegetables everyday. I love this salad as it is a mixed of cooked and raw fruit and vegetables. There has been a lot of gluten in my diet recently so it is lovely to have quite a few gluten free meals recently. Using spiralised celeriac makes a great base for this dish and the apple brings a wonderful sharp yet sweet element. I also try to get nuts and seeds into as many dishes as I can whenever it comes to autumn and winter.
This autumn I am going to practice my food photography. I now live in a basement flat so getting natural light to take my photographs in is very difficult so Antony and I are going to play around with taking beautiful photographs indoors.
Celeriac, Beetroot, Carrot and Apple Salad
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 apple
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 beetroot, cut into 1 cm rounds
- 1/8 celeriac, cut into sticks
- 1/8 celeriac, spiralised
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp tahini
- 2 tsp water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place the beetroot, carrot and celeriac sticks onto a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle the thyme, salt and pepper, then place in an oven at 200C for 20 minutes.
- Place the apple and spiralised celeriac in a bowl. Pour over the juice from half a lemon and the whole grain mustard, mix until everything is covered in the lemon and mustard.
- When the vegetables have roasted for 20 minutes, stir and add the almonds and pumpkin seeds, then roast for a further 5 minutes.
- To make the dressing mix the tahini, water, juice of half a lemon and cayenne pepper together, simple!
- To assemble, place the roasted vegetables, nuts and seeds on top of the celeriac and apple. Drizzle the dressing on top!
Enjoy! H x