I’m very excited to share my first post and pictures which have in it my new dinnerware. It is by Kari Ceramics, who lives in Amsterdam. For the last two years she has come over to Edinburgh and had a stall at Edinburgh’s Christmas market. Kari’s ceramics are beautiful and we bought lots to give to people as presents but then also decided to spend our wedding money on some incredible serving bowls and then also a few pieces for food photography. Kari herself was amazing, a vegetarian too who we stumbled upon eating organic carrots in a quick break from manning the stall! If anyone is looking for some new dinnerware please have a look at Kari’s Ceramics!
This breakfast in wonderfully warming for the cold winter mornings we are having. The apple and cinnamon taste fantastic together and the chia seeds add some extra fibre (plus I really like the texture as it reminds me of sago pudding). In our veg box this week we also got some nuts so this was a great way to use them. I normally eat lots of porridge during the winter but due to my long commute three days a week the number of porridge days have drastically been reduced this year. Having this made me realise I should get back into making overnight oats for quick and easy porridge breakfasts.
Apple, Chia and Cinnamon Porridge
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 small Apple, half grated and half chopped
- 1 tbsp nuts (I used pecans and hazelnuts)
- Drizzle of maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place the oats, milk, water, chia seeds, vanilla and grated apple into a small pan. Heat on a low heat for 5-10 minutes until the oats are soft.
- Pour the porridge into your favourite bowl, top with the chopped apple, nuts and maple syrup then sprinkle with cinnamon.
Enjoy! H x