Happy New Year!
2017 was an incredibly busy year for me and my family. We found out I was pregnant, moved house, celebrated our one year wedding anniversary and then had our beautiful baby boy. The last six weeks have been filled with so much love and happiness but also pain and fear. I doubt the fear will ever go away as I will always worry about Rowan, even when he is a grown man! The pain, recovery from childbirth is difficult, our bodies do something incredible and then needs to go back to “normal” very quickly which isn’t always easy. I’m still having problems with my ribs getting back to their original position but that will go away soon I hope.
All of this, plus working full time meant my blog got a little neglected in 2017. In 2018 I’m hoping to focus more time on my blog and photography (ambitious with a tiny baby!). For my first post of 2018 I thought I would share a healthy roasted cauliflower dish. This is very warming and a nice change after all of the Christmas and New Year food.
Roast Cauliflower, Spiced Chickpea and Quinoa Bowl
- 1 head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 tbsp Zatar
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice half lemon
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 120g quinoa
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 tbsp plain natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp tahini
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Place the cauliflower florets onto a baking tray and cover with the zatar, cayenne pepper, olive oil and salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking cook the quinoa. Place the quinoa in a pan and cover with 360ml cold water. Bring up to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook until all of the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile place the chickpeas in a pan and add the smoked paprika, chipotle chilli flakes, drizzle of olive oil. Cook on a gentle heat for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add the juice of half a lemon and the parsley and keep cooking gently until everything is ready to serve.
- To make the dressing mix the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and a pinch of salt together.
- To serve place everything in a bowl and drizzle the dressing on top.
Enjoy! H xx